Thursday, September 9, 2010

My life has changed forever! How many times have I heard this? But with every wink of my eye my life changes forever. Every action I take in my life or for whatever action happens to me or mine, affects me personally, and means that my life changed forever. So why should I care?



Some things that happen to me are under my control. The things that effect me every day of my life, such as getting up in the morning, and all those things that I interact with during every day of my life, changes my life and changes me. These are things I have some control over. Even so, as I interact with myself, I realize my life has changed forever with every interaction even with myself. Is it meant to be this way?



Whenever someone interacts with me, things become more complex in that while my life changes forever-so do theirs. Is this a reason to limit interaction? A question, perhaps for another time.



So how much control or influence do I have over my life? Is my eventuality the result of a constant shift of the desert sands? I would like think I have more control than that. Things happen to me and I make things happen to me. That I am sure of. My actions, or people I interact with will change my life and both of our lives forever and where or when I decide it is in my best interest or others best interest makes no difference at all. It is the culmination of the action that I will remember that will change us or me. More than a wink of the eye or a millisecond but even those minute periods in time, however interrupted by circumstance, changes me forever.



This is not a revelation, rather a consent to introspection. But also I realize that what I do makes me who I am. Without getting too philosophical, the result may be my conscience; certainly my retribution .

So, what is a life changing event? Too me it is the next millisecond, my next key stroke, for after that - my life will have changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment