Well, here I am. It's Sunday, and I have just finished two wonderfull days seeing patients in my office. Yesterday was the usual lumps, bumps, colds, fevers, and the worried sick that I am blessed seeing in the office instead of my patients having to resort to the emergency room. Today started off with a eldery walk in with a large laceration to her leg who didn't want to go to the ER. Since I didn't have an appointment scheduled, I scrounged up the necessary equiptment and closed her up with 7 sutures and updated her tetnus, and she will be none the worse for wear in two weeks.
Most interesting patient today was an eldery nun with abdominal pain who after a CT of the abd was diagnosed with both gall bladder disease and acute diverticulitis with abscess. Had to counsel her not to drink any booze while on the medication for her infection.
I will truly miss this work, but at age 69 I want to retire to Florida where I have bought a house. I am applying for a Florida license so just maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment